Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am attempting to blog from my iPhone, so please excuse any grammar and spelling errors. I just want to let everyone know that I am ridiculously thankful for all of the phone calls, texts, facebook comments and messages, and all other forms of support. Thank you all so very much. It means a lot to know that people are out there praying for me as I'm stuck in this hospital bed.

As for an update, everything went very well. The tumor was absolutely HUGE, and I've got no clue how it fit inside of me...it contained almost 5 liters of liquid (gross, I know) along with the solid mass. That is insane! Needless to say the incision was huge and I was out of it for quite a while after sugery. All I remember about being in recovery is that I was really, really cold and shivering before they moved me to my own room. I spent the next about 24 hour. On the morphine drip with my button friend to help with the pain. Yesterday they took me off that and the oxygen to get up and start trying to walk around a bit. Oh my gosh, I never thought walking would be so hard. I was like an old lady who lost her walker. I kind of still am, but I am almost able to get up from the bed without too much help. Granted, I don't dare try unless I've just had my pain meds. They took the dressing off my incision last night, and it looked so creepy. I'm too squeamish to look at my own stomach! It will get better though. I can already tell things are getting better.

The biggest challenge I have faced, pain aside, is my Superwoman complex. I am learning to let people help me because I can't even sit on my own. It's crazy the lengths God has had to go to just for me to sit and listen as he informs me that I cannot do it all on my own. It's actually not that awful to be helped. Of course, nobody can help me when I start suffering from hiccups. Awful! Haha.

Anyway, the pain meds are starting to kick in so I'm off to la-la land now. Jus wanted to let folks know what's up. I hope to be able to get out of here tomorrow.

No comments: