Thursday, December 15, 2011

The end is near... already?

It seems like we were just saying farewell to 2010, and now 2011 is already coming to a close. Every year, I am amazed by how quickly life passes by. Looking back, this has been a ridiculously eventful year. If I were to try to do a legit recap in one blog post, I would bore the world to pieces. There's just so much. I've blogged about most of it already, I'm sure. I'll just say a little snippet about the things I can think of off the top of my head. They're not really in perfect order, but whatever...close enough.

Snowmageddon 2011.
Learned to shoot a gun.
A three-house fire just down from where I lived.
Experiencing true community through my neighborhood in Adair Park.
New hobbies.
House-hunting all over South Atlanta.
A break-up, but a great Valentine's Day with friends anyway.
Being sick the first few months of the year.
Springtime festivals in parks around the city.
Hold on & Let go tattoos.
Leaps of faith in many areas of my life.
A 29th birthday weekend spent with lots of family, karaoke, and a concert with friends in the Park.
Live music shows all summer long...being introduced to great new music (Bess Rogers, Rachel Platten, Allie Moss, etc).
Watching a friend of over 20 years walk down the aisle in June.
Fun, competitive church softball.
Unplugged in the Park at Piedmont Park.
Traded my friend a tv for a gun.
My return to soccer-playing!
Another wedding for a great friend in August.
Kickboxing to jump-start my getting in shape.
A fun trip to Key West.
I bought a house...and despite months of agony and stress, I eventually got settled into my home.
I started running.
House concert with Rachel Platten to break in the new place!
Built a deck w/ my dad.
Joined a soccer league.
Adventure race and 5K races...and more running.
My brother returned from Korea.
Sprained my hand.
Hosted Thanksgiving at my house.
Neighborhood meet-and-greet events, parties, etc. to remind me that I'm home.
Trinity Anglican Mission is still an awesome church...I always enjoy working in the Cafe each month and being a part of this church family.
I can run 5 miles straight for the first time in years.
Christmas parties and soon the holiday season at home with the whole family.

It was a year of engagements, weddings, new friends, rekindling old friendships, broken friendships, and so much more. Time passes, we grow, we move on... We let go of the past and hold on for what the next year has in store.

This is just what I could come up w/ now...what a year. It definitely ended on a better note than it began. Praise God for that! :)

No comments: